Friday, April 22, 2011

On a whim!



Do you believe that we create our own reality?
  You may have read "The Secret" or be a long term devotee of the idea of the self fulfilling prophecy.  Well the other day I was feeling a little lost in my daily routine - you know the one - get up, feed kids, wash clothes, clean house, feed kids, clean house, feed kids, go to bed .... we all have those moments.
  You feel like you are just going through the motions, getting through each day and each moment losing your connection with the "bigger picture".


So on a whim I scrawled a note on my trusty whiteboard
 ( the one that gives me my daily reminders like "milk" or "sport day Thursday")that said:


"I need to see more of the sky!"


Well I have been looking at that note everyday as I go about my business, and guess what? today as I passed by that little reminder I had a secret smile to myself as I realised that I had created my reality this week.
  Everyday I have been outside enjoying the autumn sunshine, at the park, on a picnic, at the park again - "unintentionally" I had given myself what I needed - some grounding, surrounded by mother nature, just enjoying the moment.  And guess what?  I feel much more centred and calm, my house is more organised, I don't have a to-do-list as long as my arm and I have finally found the time to sit down to catch up with my favourite Blogs and to update my own!


My message - give yourself permission to be "in the moment" and the rest will just fall into place.


Have a Happy Easter...





No comments:

Post a Comment