Thursday, August 5, 2010

Finally !!! my dolly....

A few weeks ago I posted a tutorial where I made a piece of wool felt, with the plan to make a beautiful doll as a present for a dear friend who is expecting her first baby girl {after three lovely boys!}.  Anyway, I FINALLY got around to doing it and here is the result.  The auburn hair is of course the piece of felt from my tutorial, and I was really happy with the results.

{you will notice in the background my vintage sewing machine ... this was a hand-me-down from my older sister, she gave it to me when I was about 8 and I learnt to sew on it and have been sewing on it ever since.  It hasn't missed a beat and I wouldn't part with it for the world! - even if I was offered one of those fancy computerised gizmos.  In fact I think its one of my most treasured possessions!}

The idea and pattern for this dolly was inspired by a tutorial posted on 60 Piggies blog, go here to have a look at the beautiful softie created by Nicole.

So, hopefully the dolly will one day become a treasured possession for a little girl, yet to be born ..... now, to name her..... any ideas????


5 comments:

  1. she is adorable. .. love the color combos!!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so lovely!
    James thinks you should call her Amy or Charlotte or Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, is the name for the dolly or the baby? If it's for the dolly - Ruby because of the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just adorable! Fantastic job! What a lucky friend you have.

    ReplyDelete