Friday, October 29, 2010

You Capture - Spring







As you may have guessed, it is spring down here in the southern hemisphere (finally!!!).  The assignment this week over at Beth's was for Autumn (or spring if that applied).

This week I tried to get a different perspective, so I was laying on my back under my rose bush, trying to get some sun-flare happening.  Unfortunately the sun would not cooperate!
This was the result!

I also took a photo of the whole bush, so that you could see just how many flowers it has at the moment.  It has gone crazy this spring (we've had a fair bit of rain in Sydney).  It is actually a standard (or topiary~that is a ball on top of a tall stem) but it has so many flowers ~ and is so heavy that it is touching the ground.


Head over to see more photography at Beth's:

Photobucket


Thanks for visiting, I love comments, so let me know you stopped by!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh can I come live with you for the next 5 months or so. I so wish it were spring here instead of the end of fall.

    Enjoy your warm weather, you deserve it after suffering through winter!

    I love the white against the blue sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so confused when I read your title! Ha! You're so lucky...beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots! Enjoy the warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly sun...these are fun and so pretty. Enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh warmth and light and bright! You have given me a glimpse of a faraway moment. I would forgive the sun, your roses look glorious. I hope you had fun under the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh....now I know where I'm going to come hang out when I'm feeling all blah and cold. Your blog! Beautiful white flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The close up shots are so sweet and pretty. Aren't roses hard to grow? Looks like you're doing a great job growing yours!

    ReplyDelete