Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chocolate Log

I thought I would share a little secret recipe that my sister gave me a while ago.  It is SO easy, and a real hit for dessert, so here goes!

You will need:
Large thickened cream
double choc chip cookies (preferably soft not crunchy)
Jam

1} Whip cream with a hand-mixer



2} smooth a layer of cream along your tray


3} Now the fun bit (the kids love it - it's messy). On one side of cookie spread whipped cream, on the other side spread jam. Then stand it up on layer of cream on tray.



4} Continue layering until all cookies are used, (save one or two to crumble over top for decoration) Then cover whole log with whipped cream. Crumble crushed cookies over top.



Now for the final step {This is the most important step}. 
 Cover log and refrigerate

OVER NIGHT.

Yes, it really does need to be overnight, because the cookies will soak up the moisture from the cream and jam, and what you will then have is a gooey, yummy dessert that is like cake on the inside. {Mmmm}
You can do two rows of cookies together if you like, and I like to cut mine diagonally to show the layers.  You won't believe how yummy this is!!!!


 It usually looks a bit nicer than this, but isn't that always the way?


Hope you enjoy this, don't forget ~ it's supposed to be a secret!

Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. This dessert absolutely gets my sweet tooth excited....I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will jazz it up and bring it for Christmas???

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I don't think we have thickened cream in the Stated. I wonder what in cam use instead. Hmmm...

    Btw, Captain Underwear was absolutely very proud! :•)

    ReplyDelete